Wednesday 25 September 2013

BTPT: Artsy Silhouettes & Inspirational Quotes

This project was one of my most inspired Pinterest moments. I found a way to motivate my girls, incorporate their love of pink, pink and only pink, and decorate their playroom at the same time. 

 




The best bit about this Pinterest project is that it is actually a combination of more than one pin, therefore earning me at least two gold stars on my Super Mum chart before I even start.

It was inspired by this pin

These two pins merged in my mind until I thought great! Inspirational messages delivered subliminally by disguising them as Disney silhouettes – and pink too! And below is the result of their union. I’m hoping that staring at the beautiful art might over the years infuse the positivity into their thought processes and help shape the way they act and think.

Quite simply: 
  1. I collected the quotes from Pinterest
  2. Created silhouettes by getting from this site 
  3. Turned them pink and added quote in Photoshop
  4. Put into pink frames from the 1-2-3 dollar shop.    

Here is the result






















And because I love these so much, I even made another one at a later date.

Making eleven. Which seriously upsets my OCD tendencies, but the message was too important, and just called out to be made into a cutesy silhouette.



Five stars shows how much I loved the results












What do you think of this Pinterest project? Have you done anything similar? Why not try it and share your results with us here….


 






2 comments:

  1. I love all those sayings! I have a pinterest board full of my favorite inspirational quotes, I really should print some out so I can enjoy them around my house. What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie, these quotes give me little warm fuzzies whenever I see them on their wall. I know I would look for hours at the art on my bedroom wall as a child. I still remember it in detail

      Delete

Printfriendly

ShareThis