Wednesday 25 September 2013

Been There, Pinned That, Changed My Life



I love Pinterest! It helps me feel as though I could do anything. I am Supermum and Domestic Goddess rolled into one!  A few minutes browsing and I leave with the supernatural ability to cut lunch sandwiches into puzzles, to use a sparkling calm jar instead of the naughty corner, and to make zen-like reading nooks out of old rusty trampolines. 






The likelihood of these things actually eventuating quickly becomes low to none as the reality of hustling three girls through the day without committing any significant infringements sets in. Plus anyone who can really keep up with Pinterest is either on something illegal, delusional or both.


On the odd occasion, a pin jumps out at me with such intensity and force that it imprints on my brain and won’t rest until it becomes a reality.  I then get a gold star on my “being a fantastic Mummy chart through Pinterest” chart*





*this chart does not currently exist, but I am just waiting for the day my dear Hubby suggests it. "Oh no not that Pinterest again"



Because I am super proud of myself when I actually make a pin in reality, I am going to share my efforts here. I will mainly share my Pinterest successes, because I am only interested in making myself look Pinterest-good. It’s all part of the Pinterest delusion.  And I think Pinterest responds far better to sparkly calm jar blog-posts rather than the naughty corner blog-post. 

In fact, I am even going to give myself a Supermum ranking based on the number of gold stars I earned by doing it.  And it might even be accurate and not influenced by how many glasses of wine I needed afterward.

Stay tuned....





How do you feel about Pinterest? Love it, loathe it, never heard of it?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

ShareThis